Occupational Health and Safety Management System-ISO 45001
ISO 45001 standard gives requirements for an occupational health and safety (OH&S) management system, to enable an organization to control its OH&S risks and improve its performance.
This standard is intended to address occupational health and safety of personnel and processes, rather than product and services safety.
The standard is applicable to any organization that wishes to
- Establish an OH&S management system to eliminate and minimize risk to employees and other interested parties who may be exposed to OH&S risks associated with its activities.
- Implement, maintain and continually improve the OH&S management system
- Assure itself of its conformance with its stated OH&S policy
- Compliance to legal and other requirements
OHSAS 18001 is an international occupational health and safety management system specification that sets out the minimum requirements for OHSAS best practice. ISO 45001 helps your organization systematically minimize the risk of accidents and work related illnesses.
The Management of Occupational Health and Safety (OH&S) risks is a minimum requirement in every workplace. Effective implementation of OH&S management system can assists organizations in economic growth, provision of safe and healthy work environment and exhibit social welfare and commitment, thus setting the path towards sustainable development.
Any business that is in the manufacturing, operating etc side of works, it would make sense to have a certification that ensures the safety of all your employees. There are a lot of occupational hazards that could be in place and you need to safeguard your employees from each one of them.
What is Occupational Health Safety and Management
It is a QMS that will ensure that your business practices the right methods to give your employees a safe and secure time at work. This would make all your employees want to work in your company. They would not want to work in an organization that does not follow these rules and practices as it relates with a company that does not keep their employees well being as top priority.
The Management of Occupational Health and Safety (OH&S) risks is a minimum requirement in every workplace. Effective implementation of ISO 45001 Certification can help organizations in economic growth, provision of safe and healthy work environment and exhibit social welfare and commitment, thus setting the path towards sustainable development.
Benefits of Occupational Health Safety and Management System
It would mean you would be able to reach out to more employees around the world and even be a part of other tenders and Government orders. You would be able to convince more companies to give you more business too.
Why ISO 45001 certification?
It is intended to help an organization to control occupational health and safety risks. Registration to ISO 45001 by an independent, third party, certification body demonstrates a commitment to implement, maintain and improve the way in which you manage your Health and Safety system.
Organizations registered to ISO 45001 can be more confident about meeting the requirements of Health and Safety legislation. The setting of targets through the Health and Safety policy, together with the ongoing measurement against it ensures a process of continual improvement.
Safety and Health regulations are becoming far more demanding and so is the enforcement.
Reducing hazards and adopting prevention mechanism more efficiently have proven to reduce cost and boost profits
Banks, Stock Exchanges and Insurers are taking a closer look at the hazards and risks of the companies seeking credit, investment or insurance.
The public is using its buying power to encourage business towards fulfilling Safety, Health, environment and social responsibilities.
Safety and Health credibility is becoming a factor in national and international competitiveness. Implementation of Occupational Health and Safety Management System can facilitate progress towards increased competitiveness, leading to increased profit, more efficient processes, reduced costs, reduce liabilities and an improved image.
- Helps organisations to formulate OHSAS policy and objectives in accordance with identified OH&S hazards and associated risk assessments and legislative requirements.
- Reduces accidents and interruptions in production by assuring better control over hazards at the workplace.
- Focus on employee safety.
- Legal compliance with minimal administrative effort.
- Improves company image and boosts international competitiveness.
- Demonstrates an innovative and forward thinking approach.
- Reduction in insurance costs.
More Specific Benefits
- Internationally recognized and accepted standard
- Minimize risk to employees and others by reducing the number of personnel injuries through prevention and control of workplace hazards and the risks of major accidents.
- Ensuring a well-qualified and enthusiastic workforce by fulfillment of the increasing expectations of employees.
- Reducing the material loss caused by accidents and in production interruptions thus improving business performance.
- Assist organizations to establish a responsible image
- Increase employees’ safety awareness and motivation
- Ensure that you fulfill statutory and official health and safety requirements
- Helps to reduce accidents and disturbance in production.
- Improve your reputation with clients, suppliers, authorities, and investors as a safe and reliable business.
The Certification Procedure is a multiple-step process. The certification cycle is described briefly:
- Application for certification from client
- Offer from GCS LLC
- Offer acceptance from client and order confirmation by Global Cert
- Pre audit (optional)
- Certification audit - (Stage 1 + Stage 2)
- Issue of certificate on successful completion of certification audit
- Surveillance audits at defined period
- Recertification audit after 3 years