Integrated Management System
The increase in need to implement various Management Systems that are emerging as best practice documents, at the same time there is also increasingly concern on how to implement each one of those that are relevant. Besides, traditionally organizations of all kinds have adopted different management systems (i.e. QMS: ISO 9001, EMS: ISO 14001, OHSMS: OHSAS 18001, SA 8000, ISO 22000 and ISO/IEC 27001) at a different period of the times in succession based on ISO versions of management systems.
Accordingly there is also a great movement in institutionalizing a structured, systematic and documented management systems approach to achieve the identified objectives that are crucial to the business. Hence the approach is to integrate the Management Systems.
Everyone today needs to be able to monitor their business closely; this is applicable in every form of business. Unless there is a close watch, quality can never be ensured. Having multiple quality management systems are a must but having an integrated management system helps drastically too. With such a certification in place, you would be assured of a good growth pattern.
What is Integrated Management System
An IMS certification is a quality system that improves the process and service quality in your company and thus leads to increased efficiency within the system. How is this achieved? Quite simply, it is achieved purely with reduction in wastages and by better usage of resources and streamlining the current practices in the company.
Benefits of Integrated Management System
IMS certification aims to have as common management system requirements and is intended to be used as a framework for implementing two or more management system standards in an integrated way. It draws together the common requirements in management system standards. An integrated management system results in decreased disruption to your business, eliminating duplication of audit activity and fewer audits thus resulting in higher efficiency, better productivity and higher profitability. With such standards, companies perform better and grow constantly.
Why IMS Certification?
IMS concept aims to have as common management system requirements and is intended to be used as a framework for implementing two or more management system standards in an integrated way. It draws together the common requirements in management system standards.
Integrated certification results in decreased disruption to your business, eliminating duplication of audit activity and fewer audits thus resulting in (REDUCTION in TIME, Implementation Time, Audit Time, COST – Certification fees & Audit Frequency).
- Reassignment of supplier resources to quality improvement
- Common quality system approach in the supplier development for consistency
- Additional confidence in global sourcing
- Reduction in second-party audits
- Common language to improve understanding of quality requirements
- Reduction of variation and increased efficiency
- Reduction in multiple third-party registrations
More Specific Benefits
- ONE Management System running your enterprise and focusing on your Vision and Mission.
- Thus enabling / resulting in effective Continual Improvement in the identified areas Of Risks and meet Strategic objectives.
- Focus on Core activities is eliminated- thus Increased Operational Efficiency.
- Documentation is simplified and reduced.
The Certification Procedure is a multiple-step process. The certification cycle is described briefly:
- Application for certification from client
- Offer from Global Cert
- Offer acceptance from client and order confirmation by Global cert
- Pre audit (optional)
- Certification audit - (Stage 1 + Stage 2)
- Issue of certificate on successful completion of certification audit
- Surveillance audits at defined period
- Recertification audit after 3 years