AS9100 is the Quality Systems Aerospace Model for Quality Assurance in Design, Development, Production, Installation and Servicing.
The International Aerospace industry realized the necessity to supplement the quality system model to satisfy internal, government, and regulatory requirements applicable to the aerospace industry that ISO 9000, as a generic standard, was never designed to satisfy.
The AS9100 Certification was introduced in 1997 by the International Aerospace Quality Group (IAQG) to encourage International quality, safety and technology standards in air transport. The certification can be applied to all areas in aviation like design and manufacture of equipment, airport and airline operations, aircraft accessory supply, spares supply and maintenance. The AS9100 Certification enables an organization to demonstrate its commitment to quality, safety and reliability.
The purpose of AS9100 Standard is to:
- Standardize Aerospace quality expectations on a global level
- Achieve improvements in quality and reduce costs
- Add provisions for regulatory requirements
- Capture aerospace supplements agreed to at an international level
Benefits of AS 9100 certification:
- Reinforces competitiveness
- Helps maintain and improve market position
- Increases your customers‘ trust in you as a safe supplier of products and services
- Registration in the global database of certified aerospace suppliers OASIS (Online Aerospace Supplier Information System)